Whether you are a cause marketing beginner or veteran, work for a business or a nonprofit, these pre- and post-conference workshops will allow you to gain insights that will help you advance in 2018 and beyond. Separate fees apply for each of these high-touch, small group sessions.
Add a workshop when you register for the conference. Already registered for the conference and want to add a workshop? Click this link to add a workshop now.
Click on any of the titles below for additional information.
Business Leader Summit
Wednesday, May 23rd – 8:00am-11:30am
(Open only to full-time corporate professionals)
This closed-door, business-only session provides you with a unique opportunity to bond with peers and pick up success strategies for blending purpose and profit.
In this highly interactive session, you’ll participate in helpful group discussions and collective problem solving. The first two and a half hours will be lead by Dave Stangis, Campbell’s VP of CSR and Sustainability, who will guide you through an interactive discussion about building influence, credibility and respect in your company as he shares a strategic approach to corporate citizenship. This practical session will equip you with the tools to demonstrate how social impact can build competitive differentiation for your business and help you establish yourself as one of the most influential and respected leaders in your company.
In the next segment, PayPal’s Anna Momrow will lead a solutions-focused discussion about corporate disaster giving programs, leveraging the wisdom of the group to brainstorm the best solutions for your challenges and sharing lessons learned.
If you work for a company active in the social impact space, you’ll find ‘your people’ in this small-group setting. Count on leaving this session with valuable new professional contacts and probably a few new, lasting friendships!
Corporate Alliances 101 for Nonprofits
Wednesday, May 23rd – 8:00am – Noon
Want to “get in the game” and start actively engaging in corporate partnerships or increase your success at building more substantial partnerships with corporations?
This introductory, four-hour class taught by Catalist’s Maureen Carlson and Brittany Hill provides the solid foundation you need when you’re just starting out in corporate partnership development.
This highly interactive, small-class setting will ensure you get your most pressing questions answered. Rich with case studies, this powerful program covers critical issues including:
- Setting goals and expectations
- Achieving organizational buy-in
- Prospecting and getting meetings
- Creating winning proposals and closing deals
A perennial favorite, this workshop has provided hundreds of nonprofit professionals with valuable tools for launching and improving their corporate programs.
Nonprofit Leadership Summit
Wednesday, May 23rd – 8:00am – Noon
(Open only to full-time, senior nonprofit executives)
Experience this popular, closed-door gathering exclusively for senior nonprofit executives interested in frank, private discussions of common challenges, and new ideas from industry leaders. Led by For Momentum Founder and President, Mollye Rhea, this workshop takes a deep dive into the most relevant and topical issues facing senior nonprofit executives.
- A first-look at For Momentum’s most recent practitioner survey: Next-Level Partnerships: a Corporate Point of View, sharing new research on what corporate partners want most from their nonprofit counterparts
- A no-holds-barred conversation with panel of corporate leaders who will share insights into what they value most in their nonprofit partnerships.
- Digital strategies and tools to help you discover how to translate social engagement into donations.
- An open conversation about your current challenges and collective brainstorming time to offer you tangible solutions
- Last, but really most, enjoy the opportunity to network with your peers and hear their perspectives on all these topics and more. Thinking outside your circle is encouraged!
This valuable opportunity to bond with and learn from your colleagues at other organizations only comes once a year: Don’t miss it!
Nonprofit Graduate (303) Course
Friday, May 25th – 8:00am-Noon
If your organization has a good solid baseline of corporate partners but you need to take them to the next level by maximizing more opportunity and securing more fundraising, this four-hour intensive class is for you.
This Graduate Course, taught by Catalist’s Maureen Carlson and Brittany Hill, will help you build on your foundational success to strategically ignite your current partners and to secure robust, valuable new partners.
What to expect:
- Get insights from more than 150 corporate CSR executives about what they look for in successful cause partnerships so you can adjust your strategies
- Learn key formulas, tactics and insights around positioning, selling and reporting value that are proven to increase fundraising by 35%
- Master the formulas for pitching new and existing partners
- Hear from cause and corporate guest speakers
- Hear the lasts trends in CSR, POS fundraising, retail evolution, and more.
Join us to take your partnerships from undergrad to graduate level engagement and watch your partnerships and sponsorships soar!